If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There's a BBQ restaurant here in town, Moe's, that offers up and appetizer called Stingers. It's a slice of water chestnut, a slice of jalapeno, a piece of hot link sausage, and a cube of chicken all wrapped in bacon and skewered on a toothpick before being deep fried. They serve it with a kicked up sweet chili sauce for dipping. It's crazy delcious. I wanted to try it at home, but I don't deep fry things so I decided I could simplfy it by turning it into a stir fry. This is the result.
I omitted the hot link, because the texture of store bought just isn't the same as what you get in the restaurant, but you can add it in if you want. —Danielle
- 4 slices thick cut peppered bacon, julienned
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2" cubes
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, rinsed and chopped
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon BBQ seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (like Sky Valley or Mae Ploy)
- Cook bacon in a wok or cast iron skillet over medium high heat until crispy. Remove with slotted spoon and let drain on paper towels
- While bacon is cooking, cubed and season chicken breasts with BBQ seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook chicken in bacon drippings until browned and cooked through. Remove with slotted spoon and let rest with the bacon.
- Drain the skillet, reserving 1TBS of the drippings. Add in the vegetables and cook for two minutes. Add 1TBS water and cover with lid. Let steam for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add bacon and chicken and stir to combine. Add sweet chili sauce and heat through. Dish it up and enjoy!