If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love Hummus - I love it as a whole, and I love all of it's component parts - chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic, plus whatever else you care to add to tart it up a bit (roasted peppers, olives, herbs, tomatoes).
And that's basically what this salad is, it's great served over a bed of lettuce leaves or mashed up a bit and put in a sandwich or pita with falafel.
Recipe note: Tahini makes the base for the dressing, it's basically sesame seed paste - it's available in most big grocery stores (I think? in NYC at least). This salad stores well - in fact it's made an hour or so ahead of serving to let the flavors develop. —cooklynveg
Serves 2 to 3
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup good black olives
- 1 red or yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 handful of chopped fresh herbs, I used watercress
- Mix the chickpeas, tomatoes, olives, peppers and herbs together in a bowl. Mix all the dressing ingredients together well (you may need to use a whisk or fork as the tahini paste can be thick).
- pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.