If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These chocolate zucchini muffins are vegan and easily adaptable to be gluten-free. With great ingredients, they are pretty healthy as well as delicious. —carolinescooking
Makes 12 mini
- 2 ounces dates, pitted - recommend medjool
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1.5 ounces unsweetened chocolate (100% cacao)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Soak dates in water while preparing rest.
- Mix together flour, almond flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the zucchini.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small pan and add the chocolate, stir until melted. Allow to cool slightly.
- Blend the dates and water together so smooth. Add the flaxseed meal and mix.
- Add the coconut oil/chocolate mix to the dates along with the honey and mix well. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and zucchini and mix so combined without overmixing.
- Put into muffin or mini muffin tray and bake approx 12 min for mini muffin size, around 20 min for larger until a skewer tested in the middle comes out clean.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash