Author Notes: I am a sucker for peanut butter at any meal and in any form: smooshed into a bowl of granola, made into a dipping sauce, mixed into cookie dough... I am indiscriminately happy with it all. These pudding pops are essentially a fudge pop texture with a peanut butter flavor. They are adapted from the fudge popsicles on Smitten Kitten, which were themselves adapted from Matt Armendariz. —pantryhero
Makes: four 2 1/2 ounce pops, plus a little extra
cups whole milk
tablespoons powdered peanut butter (like PB2 brand)
tablespoons creamy peanut butter
teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put all of the ingredients except the vanilla into a medium saucepan. Set aside the liquid measurer that the milk was in—you’ll need it again.
- Turn the heat to medium and start whisking.
- Continue whisking frequently until the mixture thickens, about 5 or 6 minutes. For me, it started bubbling after 2 or 3 minutes and thickened up another 2 minutes or so after that.
- Remove from heat and pour back into the liquid measuring cup. This will make it easier to fill your molds.
- Add the vanilla extract and let the mixture cool a little—10 minutes or so.
- Fill your molds and let freeze until solid. I let them freeze overnight.