If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The flavor of fresh trout caught in a stream or lake and cooked over wood coals is unsurpassed! If you do not have access to a trout stream or lake many grocery stores now sell farm raised rainbow trout. Try this recipe the next time you cook trout. You will enjoy it! —Wild Forage
Wild caught or store bought trout
tablespoons Garlic Powder
- Wash fish in cold water and dry thoroughly. Leave the skin on the fish. This will protect the flesh from the extreme heat of the wood oven.
- Cut diagonal slits into both sides of the fish.
- Rub olive oil all over the outside and inside of the fish. Make sure you get the oil into the slits.
- Season fish with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Wash and dry all herbs.
- Stuff all herbs into the cavity of the trout and squeeze lemon juice over fish.
- Place fish on oiled Tuscan grill grate over wood coals.
- Cook fish in hot oven and turn fish to cook both sides. In a wood oven the fish will cook especially. Be careful not to burn the fish. The skin will protect the flesh from burning to a point.
- Remove fish from the bones and discard any burnt skin. Serve with fresh grilled vegetables from your garden and rice. This fish recipe pairs well with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc.