If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This rich, crisp, and bright crab salad is perfect for a sophisticated dinner gathering. If you buy picked crab, it will come together in less than 30 minutes and can be (mostly) prepared before your guests arrive. —Radiance Bellavita
- 8 ounces Fresh Dungeness Crab, picked and cleaned
- 1/4 cup Pink Lady Apple (or Granny Smith, Braeburn, or Honey Crisp), ¼” dice
- 1/4 cup Radish, julienned
- Zest of One Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Pernod (or anise flavored liquor)
- 3 teaspoons Lemon Juice, divided, plus more to taste
- 1 Large Hass Avocado, 1/2" dice
- Fresh Chives
- In a bowl, combine crab, apple, radish, lemon zest, mayonnaise, Pernod, and 1 ½ tsp lemon juice, gently mix until incorporated, season with salt and pepper to taste, and chill.
- Prior to serving, add a touch more lemon juice to brighten all the flavors.
- When you are ready to serve, dice avocado, gently mix in remaining lemon juice, and divide between 4 plates (I used a large ring mold for a more formal presentation. For an organic presentation, scatter avocado loosely around the plate).
- Place equal an amount of crab salad atop avocado, garnish with fresh chives, and serve immediately.