If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Slightly adapted from Jeni`s Wildberry lavender ice cream recipe in Jeni`s Splendid ice Creams at Home. With the addition of a wildberry ripple which makes the whole ice cream situation even prettier. —goodgalsasha
- 200 milliliters whole milk
- 200 milliliters heavy cream
- 130 grams sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 50 grams cream cheese
- 100 grams wildberries
- 2 drops lavender extract
- For the wildberry sauce combine the mashed berries and 50 grams of sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until the berries pop and the sugar dissolves. Strain the syrup and cool.
- For the ice cream dissolve the cornstarch in 50ml whole milk, leave to rest.
- In a small saucepan over medium high combine the heavy cream, the leftover whole milk, 80gr sugar, pinch salt, stir, bring to an almost boil, add the cornstarch milk and cook constantly stirring until thickened. Take off heat, mix in the cream cheese and 1/3 of the prepared sauce until smooth and combined. Cool to room temperature, then transfer into the fridge overnight.
- Pour in your ice cream maker, add a couple drops of lavender extract and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer into an airtight container swirling in pockets of the leftover wildberry sauce. Let firm in the freezer at least 4hours until ready to scoop.