This is my favoite go to quick dinner that my family loves, doesn't break the bank and incoporates lots of healthy ingredients. Not saying it is low in calories though! You and your family will love it too. I can usually have it on the table in less than an hour since I brown the sausage while the squash is cooking in the microwave. —Susan Snyder
- Serves 6-8
Spaghetti Squash Cooked
Mozzarella cheese shredded
diced tomatoes drained well
diced onion, sautéed until clear
ricotta cheese with one egg mixed into it
1 1/2 teaspoons
Italian bulk sausage mild or spicy, your choice (turkey Italian sausage will work too)
- 1. Half and clean the seeds out of the squash and place it inside down in a glass pan in 1 inch of water. Microwave on high for 18 minutes. Scoop squash out of its shell into a bowl and mix in The onion which you have sautéed in butter for about 5 minutes or until it is clear, the garlic, parmesan and the oregano.
- 2. Spray a casserole dish with pan spray and put a layer of half of the squash mixture in the bottom, spreading evenly. Top with the drained tomatoes. Then top with the ricotta mixture. Then top that with the sausage which has been browned lightly and drained well.
- Top that with the other half of the squash mixture and then top that with the mozzarella.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until the mozzarella is melted and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.