Author Notes: Strawberry sorbet, mango ice cream and vanilla ice cream on an Oreo crust —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes: one loaf cake
cups Oreo crumbs
cup melted unsalted butter
cups strawberry sorbet
cups mango ice cream
cups vanilla ice cream
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving at least 3 inches overhang.
- Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter in a bowl for crust. Set aside.
- Let sorbet and ice cream soften in room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Start with strawberry sorbet. Spoon sorbet on the bottom of the loaf pan and spread with a spatula to create an even layer. Followed by mango ice cream and vanilla ice cream.
- Top vanilla ice cream with the Oreo crust mixture evenly. Lightly press the crumbs together to form a crust.
- Wrap the ice cream cake with the plastic wrap overhang. Freeze the cake for at least three hours to set.
- To serve, lift cake from pan using plastic wrap overhang. Place cake upside down on a serving plate. Remove plastic wrap. Slice and serve.