If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A quick but impressive tart, perfect for lunch, brunch or starter. Great with garden fresh tomatoes, but works with winter, store bought tomatoes as well. —janet voris
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry, 1/2 of a 17oz package, thawed
- 6 ounces Provolone Cheese, grated
- Olive Oil
- 2-3 Medium Tomatoes, or more if using Romas
- 1/3 cup Parmesan, grated
- 5-6 Leaves Basil, cut in ribbons
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375*. Brush Sheet pan (9x13, 10x16, or half sheet) with olive oil. Roll out puff pastry on a floured surface to about 14x12. (does not have to be exact) Set on oiled sheet pan and build up edges a little. Pierce all over with fork. Bake for 15 mins, checking every 5 mins for puffiness and re-pierce in necessary. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with provolone cheese. Set aside. Can be made 1 hour ahead. Leave at room temp.
- Increase oven temp to 425*. Peel tomatoes, (if their from the garden, this should be easy. If not, drop in boiling water for 20 seconds, cool, then peel.) Slice into 1/4" rounds .Pat dry between double paper towels. Arrange tomatoes on top of crust. Season with salt and pepper. Top with parmesan and basil. Bake for 9 mins. Remove from oven and sprinkle with olive oil. Cut into squares, large for lunch, smaller for starter.