Author Notes: All ingredients are prepped on the grill for an extra summery experience. Creamy goat cheese, grilled sweet corn, roasted zucchini and summer squash, and a sprinkle of fresh rosemary all work so well together here. You can buy fresh pizza dough at the supermarket or use a recipe that you like instead. —sarahschuster
pound fresh pizza dough
ounces goat cheese, crumbled
ears sweet corn, husks and silk removed
small zucchini and/or summer squash
tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
salt + pepper
- Get your grill going. Brush the ears of corn with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Once the grill is at medium heat, you can put these directly on the grill, turning frequently until caramelized evenly. Once cooled, cut the kernels off of the cob.
- Cut the squash thinly, into rounds, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Using either a sheet pan or a grill basket, grill the squash until browned in spots.
- Gather your toppings: corn, squash, crumbled goat cheese, rosemary. Roll out the pizza dough until it's even all around and no thinner than 1/4 inch. It does not have to be round. Brush the grill with olive oil.
- The grill should be medium heat. Place the dough directly on the grill and let stand for 2-3 minutes. You will see bubbles rising in the dough as it cooks.
- Once browned on the bottom, remove dough from the grill onto a floured board with the grilled side up. Brush with olive oil and add toppings evenly.
- Return the pizza to the grill. Cover and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the dough is cooked through and the cheese begins to melt.
- Remove from grill, cut into wedges or squares and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash