If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Waffle ice cream sandwich with blueberry sauce —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes 6 sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 12 freshly made or leftover waffles
- 1/2 quart vanilla ice cream
- To prepare blueberry sauce, mix sugar, cornstarch, blueberries and water in a small bowl and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool completely.
- Toast waffles if they are leftovers. Let cool slightly.
- Scoop ice cream on a waffle. Top it with a spoonful of blueberry sauce, followed by another waffle.
- Eat immediately.