Author Notes: I love hummus, but sometimes I get bored with the roasted red pepper, cilantro and jalapeno versions in the restaurants and the stores. I thought zucchini would add a bright new twist and use up what I have in the fridge. Bonus! —Maggie Norris
Makes: 2 cups
15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
juice of 1/2 lemon
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
medium zucchini squash
Kosher salt to taste
- Cut both ends off of the zucchini. Puree in a food processor or blender. Set aside.
- To a food processor add the first four ingredients. The mixture will be a little tight, but resist the temptation to add more olive oil!
- Fold in the zucchini puree.
- Season with kosher salt.
- Serve with raw vegetables and pita.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash
More Great Recipes: