If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love hummus, but sometimes I get bored with the roasted red pepper, cilantro and jalapeno versions in the restaurants and the stores. I thought zucchini would add a bright new twist and use up what I have in the fridge. Bonus! —Maggie Norris
Makes 2 cups
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini squash
- Kosher salt to taste
- Cut both ends off of the zucchini. Puree in a food processor or blender. Set aside.
- To a food processor add the first four ingredients. The mixture will be a little tight, but resist the temptation to add more olive oil!
- Fold in the zucchini puree.
- Season with kosher salt.
- Serve with raw vegetables and pita.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash