If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A dream of an ice cream. Don`t share it. Cause you are worth every single to last scoop of this vegan coconutty goodness. It`s ok to be greedy once in a while. —goodgalsasha
- 250 milliliters full-fat coconut milk
- 250 milliliters coconut cream
- 200 grams sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 teaspoons tapioca starch
- 200 grams pitted cherries
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 80 grams dark chocolate
- For the ice cream dissolve the tapioca starch in the coconut milk, leave to rest.
- Combine the coconut cream and 100gr sugar in a saucepan and simmer on medium just until boiling. Add the starchy coconut milk mixture and cook on medium stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat, cool to room temperature, transfer to a jug and chill in the fridge overnight.
- For the candied cherries combine the pitted cherries, 100g sugar, 30ml water, the lemon juice and the rose water in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the heat, cool and save for later.
- Freeze the ice cream in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. At the very last minute of churning fold in the melted 70% dark chocolate in a thin stream. When the chocolate flecks seize up, fold in the cherries, stop the machine and transfer into an airtight container and store in the freezer at least 5 hours until set.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe