If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Me and my wife enjoy baking desserts. Yes, since I met her I gain few kilos but it was definitely worthed. Indeed, I cultivated my passion for food and I tasted amazing desserts. Among the best sweet treats I have eating this year, there is this refreshing Vanilla Ice Cream Cake with Brownies and Chocolate Fudge Sauce! This ice cream cake is made by a brownie base, a thick vanilla ice cream layer and it is topped by brownie pieces. When the cake is assembled, spread some chocolate fudge sauce on top. This cake is ideal for any season of the year! —KokiDoo
- 150 grams Butter
- 400 milliliters Sugar
- 2 pieces Eggs
- 250 milliliters Cacao
- 100 milliliters Flour
- 300 milliliters Milk
- 650 milliliters Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 150 milliliters Golden syrup
- 2 pinches Salt
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- For the Brownie:
- Heat the oven to 160°C.
- Melt the 150 g butter in a saucepan and mix it with 2 dl sugar, 2 dl cacao and salt in a bowl.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix gently with a spatula.
- Add the flour and keep mixing with the spatula until well mixed.
- Put a foil of baking sheet in a 20x20 cm baking pan.
- Pour the mix in the baking pan and squeeze it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- For the Ice Cream:
- Add milk and 2 dl sugar in a bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add 5 dl cream and vanilla extract and stir until mixed.
- Freeze in your ice cream machine according to manufacturer instructions.
- For the Chocolate Fudge Sauce:
- Mix 2 tbsp butter, golden syrup, 1.5 dl cream, 1/2 dl cacao and a pinch of salt in a small pot and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Let it cool in the fridge.
- Cut the brownie, a circle of 16 cm and the rest in small square pieces.
- Place the circle in a 16 cm baking pan.
- Pour the vanilla ice cream on top and freeze for two, three hours.
- Decorate with the the small brownie squares and pour chocolate fudge on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Thing You Ate This Year