If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Make this sauce at your own risk: It's smoky, tart flavor is absolutely addictive, and once you try it, it'll be hard to stop smothering your veggies, burritos, nachos, baked potatoes, and salads. It's your new favorite cheese sauce, except it's magically dairy free, thanks to the creaminess of blended cashews! —Gena Hamshaw
Makes 1 1/2 to 2 cups
- 1 cup raw cashews, cashews, soaked for at least 3 hours, drained, and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a food processor or a high speed blender till smooth. If you use a food processor, stop frequently while blending to scrape the sides of the machine down. The queso sauce will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days, and it can be frozen for up to a month.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!