If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Get that ice cream cake fix from this beautiful DQ copy cat cake! Replicate that layered look with a delicious flavor. Recipe is vegan, gluten/dairy/soy free! —Karissa Martindale
Makes 1 cake
chia eggs (3 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 9 tbsp water)
cup cane sugar
cup powdered peanut butter
cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line the bottom of a 9'' cake pan with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl create the chia eggs (combine 3 tbsp chia seeds and 9 tbsp water and let sit 5 minutes)
- Add the sugar, powered peanut butter, cocoa powder, and 4 tbsp water to chia eggs. Whisk to combine.
- Pour 2/3 of the mixture in the parchment lined cake pan
- Place in freezer (This layer must freeze at least 3 hours before layering in ice cream!)
- Line baking sheet with silicon baking mat or parchment paper
- Pour remaining fudge mixture on baking sheet and spread in a thin even layer about 1/8'' thick
- Bake 15-20 min or until no longer tacky (It will become really dull in color. We're looking for crunchy not burnt so keep an eye on it!)
- Move silicon mat to a wire rack to cool
- After completely cool break into pieces and put into a ziplock bag, crush up with a mallet/wooden spoon/rolling pin into small pieces
- Set aside
Chocolate/Vanilla Ice Cream Layer
bananas (sliced and frozen)
tablespoons maple syrup
cup cocoa powder
- Line bottom of a spring form pan with parchment paper
- Add 4 1/2 frozen bananas, 1 tbsp maple syrup, and 1/4 cup cocoa powder to a food processor and pulse until smooth
- Pour chocolate mixture into pan and smooth into an even layer
- Freeze at least 30 minutes before proceeding!
- Add 4 1/2 frozen bananas and 1 tbsp maple syrup to a food processor and pulse until smooth
- Take spring form pan and cake pan from freezer
- Remove fudge layer from cake pan (this defrosts very quickly and is very sticky! handle carefully) flip upside down into spring form and slowly peel off the parchment
- Take cookie crumbles and sprinkle over top of fudge layer
- Pour vanilla ice cream mixture on top and smooth into an even layer
- Freeze overnight (At least! I made mine 2 days ahead to make sure it was very solid all the way through.)
- When you're ready to unveil your cake take a dish towel and dampen it with warm water. Wrap the dish towel around the spring form pan for about 30 seconds this helps the cake release from the sides of the pan. Say a prayer and open the spring. Remove cake from pan. Hold the cake and peel the parchment from the bottom and place on serving platter.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe