If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Waffles don't have to be just sweet, these bad boys are nice a savory good. Perfect for any meal and are packed full of all the stuff that is good for you.
Makes 8-10 waflles (depending on your iron)
- 1 medium shredded carrot
- 1 medium shredded parsnip
- 1/2 shredded celeriac root
- 1 medium beet shredded
- 2-3 kale leaves chopped into tiny bits
- 1/2 a onion shredded
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups cooked, rinsed and drained white beans
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- oil for iron
- Note on veggies… I used what I had in the fridge and shredded, it came to about 3 cups. If you don't have these specific veggies or only want to use a few.. go for it. Just make sure to have 3 cups of whatever veggies you use.
- Take you beans and blend them up with whatever device you would like to use. Once creamy, add to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Once the waffle iron is preheated, oil it( if needed) and place the recommended amount of batter right on it there. Close and cook until golden brown and waffly. Serve on a plate with topping of your choice, A few suggestions.. Guacamole, salsa, hummus, mustard, greek yogurt… anything that tastes good to you.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique