If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Just like their non-vegan counterpart, Yamadillas (vegan quesadillas) make for a quick dinner on busy weeknight. Throw them on the grill to make this simple vegan meal extra special. —Kayli Dice
Makes 4 yamadillas
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the cubed sweet potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer until fork-tender.
- Transfer cooked sweet potatoes to a mixing bowl and add salsa, chili powder, lime juice, and nutritional yeast. With a fork, smash and mix until well-combined. Fold in black beans. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Spread a heaping ½ cup of the sweet potato mixture onto a tortilla. Top with a second tortilla and gently press it down. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Slice into triangles and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe