Author Notes: Just like their non-vegan counterpart, Yamadillas (vegan quesadillas) make for a quick dinner on busy weeknight. Throw them on the grill to make this simple vegan meal extra special. —Kayli Dice
Makes: 4 yamadillas
large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
tablespoon chili powder
cup nutritional yeast
cups cooked black beans
whole wheat tortillas
Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the cubed sweet potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer until fork-tender.
- Transfer cooked sweet potatoes to a mixing bowl and add salsa, chili powder, lime juice, and nutritional yeast. With a fork, smash and mix until well-combined. Fold in black beans. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Spread a heaping ½ cup of the sweet potato mixture onto a tortilla. Top with a second tortilla and gently press it down. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Slice into triangles and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe