If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This time of year, we love nothing more than putting to work all of the tart-sweet gems of summer, aka stone fruits. We put cherries, plums, apricots, peaches, and any other ripe fruit into as many dishes as we can before fall sets in. And because we like to keep our entertaining routine as low key as possible, we can't help but not love the crisp, one of the dishes that best epitomizes relaxed summer entertaining and showcases the peak of stone fruit season.
We keep our crisps simple, leveraging our Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix, butter, milk, fruit, and one cast iron skillet. It only takes these five items (well, 6 if you include the "optional" ice cream) and 30 minutes before you are in absolute tart-sweet bliss. —Miss Jones Baking Co.
box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
cups your choice of seasonal fruits (we used peaches and raspberries)
scoop vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a cast-iron skillet or 9x9" glass baking pan.
- Place fruit in the pan and toss with 1/4 cup Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
- Mix together remaining cake mix, melted butter, and milk, and sprinkle over the top of the crust
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, checking halfway through to gently stir cake mix if any has not yet been absorbed.
- Cool completely before serving and topping with ice cream.