If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
The Sazerac cocktail, a New Orleans native, takes on a Keystone State flair in this late summer rendition of the famous classic.
The Sazerac cocktail, a New Orleans native, takes on a Keystone State flair in this late summer rendition of the famous classic.—Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
1/4 C blueberries
2 oz Dad's Hat Rye whiskey
Rinse of Vieux Carré absinthe
1/2 tsp maple syrup aged in rye whiskey barrels
5 dashes Peychaud's bitters
Twist of lemon
- Rinse the inside of a glass with absinthe by putting a small amount in and rolling the glass around in your hands. Pour the rest back in the bottle or discard.
- In a mixing tin, muddle the blueberries until all the juice has been released.
- Fill the tin halfway with ice
- Add the whiskey
- Add the maple syrup
- Add the 5 dashes of Peychaud's
- Using a bar spoon, stir the ingredients until well mixed
- Strain into a glass using both a Hawthorne and a small mesh strainer in order to catch all of the blueberry pulp.
- Squeeze a lemon zest over the glass to release the oils
- Garnish with a lemon twist