If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: They are very addictive, raw, vegan, gluten-free delicious amazing freezer bars! Ooh yes, check them out! ;)
These are the best raw bars I have ever invented let alone made! :) They are fantastic, amazing & just wonderful in the mouth! The combined flavors go magically together! ooh yeah! ;)
Makes 18 bars
* For the base layer: 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup brazil nuts
- 1/2 + 1/4 cups pitted Medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons solid coconut oil
- 4 + 1/2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons maple surup
* For the middle layer: the caramel-nougat Peanut butter layer:
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup solid coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons raw crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract/ I use home-made that is also gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped Brazil nuts, measured when chopped
- For the top layer, the blackberry layer:
- 1 cup fresh cleaned bkacberries
- 2 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1. Take your food processor & place S-blade in. Place ingredients for the base layer all in here. So that are your Brazil nuts, pitted dates, coconut oil, cacao powder & maple syrup. Place fitted lid on & pulse until it all comes together & forms a sticky crumble. Take a fitted squarish plate with sides up or oven dish & smear it in with vegan butter. Now, line your baking paper all in it so that you can easily remove the bars later on, to cut them! Push baking paper all into the base & sides up. Put your base mix into the fitted lined dish. With clean hands, push your base all equally into the dish. You will end up with a thicker layer of this yummy mix. Place into the freezer to set. This will take about 10-15 minutes. You can do this while you prepare the middle layer. Clean your food processor & put the S-blade back in again.
- Now, you are ready to make the 2nd layer. Place all your ingredients for the 2nd layer in it. This is: your pitted dates, coconut oil, raw peanut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup & chopped Brazil nuts. Process until nearly smooth. You still want small pieces in it, for an added crunch later on. See pictures above! Take your set bottom layer out of the freezer & smear this 2nd layer all over it, evenly divided. Place into the freezer to set. This took me about 15-20 minutes on -18°C! Wash your food processor & S-blade once again & now, finally, make the 3rd, last top layer.
- Take your food processor & place the S-blade in. Add ingredients for this layer & that will be the fresh blackberries, maple syrup & 2 pitted Medjool dates. Blitz until completely smooth. take your dessert out of the freezer & smear your top layer equally all over the 2nd layer. See that you have everything covered! Place into the freezer for about 1 hour to set. take out of the freezer & wait for about 5 minutes. Take your bars to be out of the oven dish with the help of your hands & the lined paper. Place it on a chopping board & with a sharp knife, cut into equal sized bars. I got 18 bars out of it! ;) Eat 2 of them & place the rest back into the freezer, into fitted food containers with fitted lids. Keep into the freezer! Remove from the freezer, 10 minutes before devouring! They won’t last long, I assure you! :)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe