Author Notes: The thing about bark is that it is extremely simple to make, and the topping combinations are almost endless. From fruit to candy to nuts, whatever your fancy it will taste great. You can even experiment with different types of chocolate. I decided on a combination of almonds, shredded coconut and sea salt, as it was what I had in my pantry. —The Traveling Bean
Makes: 2-3 cups
ounces dark chocolate chunks
cup sliced almonds
tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
teaspoon sea salt
- Melt chocolate in the microwave gradually in 30 second increments on 50% power, stirring each time. Heat until almost all the chocolate is melted, then stir slowly until the rest of the chocolate melts.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with almonds, coconut and sea salt.
- Put cookie sheet in freezer for about 20-30 minutes or until the chocolate completely sets.
- Break into large pieces and store in the refrigerator.