If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My boyfriend is Vegan. This makes most people chuckle when I mention it and they shake their heads and say 'have fun cooking..'
Being a massive foodie, I see it only as an opportunity to expand my knowledge of baking and creating delicious meals and desserts to make him smile. Plus surprise my friends when they lick their lips and I say ...'Yep, and its Vegan!' —Fiona Crispin
cup brown sugar
cup golden syrup
grams dairy-free butter
cups Self-Raising Flour
cup coconut milk
some grated orange zest (optional)
- Combine 2 cups of water, brown sugar, golden syrup and 50g dairy-free butter in a large saucepan. Stir over a low heat until melted.
- Meanwhile, rub together the other 50g dairy-free butter into flour with your fingertips. Add coconut milk and stir into the flour mixture until well combined.
- Bring the sauce to the boil then drop heaped dessert spoon sized pieces of the dough into the sauce. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Serve with the whipped coconut cream and if you want, some grated orange zest! Yum!
The whipped coconut cream!
Can of Coconut Cream (chilled)
tablespoons icing sugar
- Chill a can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight. Once opened, working fast, separate the hardened cream and liquid (keep liquid to add to a curry/milkshake or discard)
- Still working fast, whip in icing sugar and vanilla for about 2 mins (with an electric beater or mixer)! Use immediately! Its better and thicker while still its cold!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe