If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With this recipe I have had a lot of success! When we had a family party, I used to make it! —Sophies Foodie
- 1 roll of puff pastry with margarine
- 1 packet of green pesto (190 gr)
- 150 grams defatted ham slices, sliced thin, fat removed, sliced in large pieces
- 150 grams half-hard cheese, sliced thin, rind removed, cut up into larger pieces
- Take your pre-rolled puff pastry & take it out of the package. Roll it all out. My puff pastry is a round form.
- Then , take a pallet knife & smear pesto all around the base of the pastry in 1 layer. It all has to be covered, just leave 0,5 cm free of the outer edges. Then, cover in 1 layer the cheese on the pesto. Also leave the 0,5 cm from the edges free. Lay the pieces of ham in 1 layer on top of the cheese. Also, leave the 0,5 cm from the edges free. Now, carefully, roll everything up. Do not break the dough! Do not make holes! When done, place the roll in kitchen foil & close the edges. Place it on a large plate & put it in the fridge for 1 til 3 hours to let the ingredients mingle.
- After that, take it out of the fridge. Take away the foil & place the roll on a chopping board. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. I always use a fan oven. Cut the roll into slices of 1 finger thick. Take a non – stick baking sheet like Silpat & place on a baking tray. Place the rolls cut side down on the sheet. Leave 1,5 or 2 cm between the rolls because they will swell when they are baked. Bake for 20 til 25 minutes in the oven. Mostly, it will be 25 minutes. Bake until swollen & golden brown. Take them out of the oven & place them on a wire rack to cool. You can serve them half warm or cold. Even the next day, they are still delicious! Enjoy!!