If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Light but fulfilling. To love as is or to pair with a slice of any stone fruit pie. —goodgalsasha
- 550 grams ripe pitted plums
- 130 grams sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 70 milliliters water
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the halved and pitted ripe plums (keep the skins), water, lemon juice, sugar and a pinch of salt, cook 15min until the plums are soft and the syrup gets tinted deep red from the plum skins. Take off heat, cool slightly. Purée the mixture in a blender, then strain through a fine mesh sieve for a glossy smooth texture. Chill in the fridge overnight.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions, store in the freezer for at least 4 hours until set or spoon right away.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe