If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I invented these delicious vegan home-made white chocolate coconut milk bars! The topping is super delicious aka it is home-made vegan white chocolate & the cooked cookie base is really yummy too! Between these 2 layers you taste the lovely coconut milk with added vanilla seeds! Really delicious! Grab one before you go to work or enjoy 1 or 2 with a good vegan café latte or with a lovely coconut tea, why not indulge yourself? These are fun to make, reasonably healthy & super yummy too! :)
Serves 11 bars
* For the white chocolate-coconut milk topping:
- 100 grams cacao butter
- 100 grams solid coconut oil
- 100 milliliters coconut milk: the liquid & coconut cream well whisked together, then measured!
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup. You can make your bars top layer sweeter by adding more maple syrup!
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla seeds powder
For the cookie base:
- 50 grams organic oat flour/ I just blended a lot of organic oats in my Vitamix dry container & blended it for about 10-15 seconds on high-speed until it resembles a flour/ Use 50 gr. (1/2 cup packed)
- 50 grams organic white spelt flour (1/2 cup packed)
- 50 grams coconut sugar (1/3 cup)
- 60 grams coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a few pinches of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350 F ) for 10 minutes. First, we make the cookie base! Au-bain-marie, melt your coconut oil gently until completely liquid. Measure 60 gr. Take a medium bowl an add oat flour, white spelt flour, coconut sugar, baking powder & few punches of sea salt in it. Mix well with a spoon. Now, pour your liquid coconut oil in it & mix well with a spoon. Take a medium-sized oven baking dish & smear it in with vegan butter. Line it with baking paper, on all side. Push your cookie dough, all evenly divided with your hands into the base of the oven dish.
- Place into the hot oven & bake for about 14-15 minutes. Your house will smell amazing & when the cookie base dough is ready, it will be browner then before. Place carefully onto an oven rack to cool down a bit. When it is a bit cooled down, place it, on the wire rack, into the fridge to cool down completely! When the cookie base is completely cool, make your topping. Take a medium bowl & add vanilla seeds. Pour coconut milk on it & mix with a smaller whisk. Whisk it all together. Now, add maple syrup & mix well again. Take a bowl for au-bain-marie & place coconut oil & cacao butter in it. Put the heat on low & let your coconut oil & cacao butter melt gently, until completely liquid. Stir often with a spoon or whisk.
- Now, carefully, with oven gloves on, pour this combined liquid aka gold, into the rest of your combined ingredients. Mix well with a whisk until it all comes together. Pour this mix over the cooled cookie base & place into the fridge to stiff up completely! This will take at least 7-8 hours. Mine were ready after 1 night in the fridge! Then, test with your fingers & touch the topping. It must be firm. See that under the topping is not liquid anymore! Maybe, you can speed up the process by putting them in a freezer safe bowl into the freezer! I think that that may work! Now, take it out of the fridge & remove it all from the oven dish & carefully out of the baking paper. Place the thing on a large chopping board & cut with a sharp knife into bars or into whatever shape you want, it is up to you! :) I had 11 good -sized bars! Enjoy after being in the fridge, after 5 to 10 minutes just like that or with a good vegan café latte or with some coconut tea! ;) MMM! :) Store them in a cookie box into the cold fridge!!!