If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish uses Gena Hamshaw's Simple Vegan Pesto, pasta and spring's best for an entree that will surely fall into your spring/summer rotation —Whats4Dinner
- 1.25 cups Gena Hamshaw's Simple Vegan Pesto
- 4 bunches spring onions, if not available use leeks but only 2, sliced to 1/4"
- 1.5 bunches asparagus, in about 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh peas
- 1.5 cups sugar snap peas, strings removed, longer ones cut in half
- 2 tablespoons evoo
- 1 pound linguine, making sure it's vegan
- Prepare your pesto, preferably the day of or else it may be gobbled up by the gremlins in your fridge (or family in your household).
- Prepare your linguine per instructions but only to al dente. Drain, reserving a cup of cooking pasta water ready just in case, and keep ready.
- After you start boiling your linguine, warm a large saute pan with the evoo. When ready, add the rest of the ingredients minus the pesto and pasta. Saute for 5-7 minutes, basically till asparagus is done.
- When the veggies are done, add the drained pasta, prepared pesto, adding reserved pasta water just in case it's a little dry, to the saute pan. Toss well and enjoy :-)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe