This dish uses Gena Hamshaw's Simple Vegan Pesto, pasta and spring's best for an entree that will surely fall into your spring/summer rotation
This dish uses Gena Hamshaw's Simple Vegan Pesto, pasta and spring's best for an entree that will surely fall into your spring/summer rotation—Whats4Dinner
cups Gena Hamshaw's Simple Vegan Pesto
bunches spring onions, if not available use leeks but only 2, sliced to 1/4"
bunches asparagus, in about 1" pieces
cup fresh peas
cups sugar snap peas, strings removed, longer ones cut in half
pound linguine, making sure it's vegan
In This Recipe
- Prepare your pesto, preferably the day of or else it may be gobbled up by the gremlins in your fridge (or family in your household).
- Prepare your linguine per instructions but only to al dente. Drain, reserving a cup of cooking pasta water ready just in case, and keep ready.
- After you start boiling your linguine, warm a large saute pan with the evoo. When ready, add the rest of the ingredients minus the pesto and pasta. Saute for 5-7 minutes, basically till asparagus is done.
- When the veggies are done, add the drained pasta, prepared pesto, adding reserved pasta water just in case it's a little dry, to the saute pan. Toss well and enjoy :-)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe