If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spicy, sweet and nutty biscuits that pair perfectly with miso soup or stir-fried tofu and vegetables. —Kayli Dice
Makes 10 biscuits
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Prick sweet potato several times with a fork, place in a microwave-safe bowl with a splash of water, cover with a paper towel, and microwave until it is soft and cooked to the center. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and solid coconut oil. Pulse until the butter/oil is incorporated.
- Peel the cooled sweet potato and cut into chunks.
- Add sweet potato chunks, maple syrup and peanuts to the food processor and pulse until a dough forms. (You may need to dump the dough into a bowl and finish combining by hand. Dough will be sticky.)
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Gently flatten each ball with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just barely golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe