Author Notes: Spicy, sweet and nutty biscuits that pair perfectly with miso soup or stir-fried tofu and vegetables. —Kayli Dice
Makes: 10 biscuits
medium sweet potato
cups whole wheat pastry flour
teaspoons baking powder
cup coconut oil
cup roasted peanuts, chopped
tablespoon maple syrup
In This Recipe
- Prick sweet potato several times with a fork, place in a microwave-safe bowl with a splash of water, cover with a paper towel, and microwave until it is soft and cooked to the center. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and solid coconut oil. Pulse until the butter/oil is incorporated.
- Peel the cooled sweet potato and cut into chunks.
- Add sweet potato chunks, maple syrup and peanuts to the food processor and pulse until a dough forms. (You may need to dump the dough into a bowl and finish combining by hand. Dough will be sticky.)
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Gently flatten each ball with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just barely golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe