If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crispy on the outside and soft and sweet at the center, these Sweet Potato Falafel will win over even the most convicted meat eaters. Serve in pillowy pita pocket or crunchy lettuce wraps topped with Lemon-Tahini Sauce and tomato-cucumber salsa. —Kayli Dice
Makes 12 patties
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup peeled and mashed cooked sweet potato (1 med/large sweet potato)
- 1 14-oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse the onion and garlic until finely chopped. Add sweet potato, beans, parsley, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, and spices. Pulse until a well-combined dough forms.
- Pour remaining breadcrumbs into a bowl. Scoop about ¼ cup of dough and roll into a ball. Roll each ball in the breadcrumbs. Repeat to make about 12 balls.
- Place coated falafel balls on the lined sheet pan. Using the palm of your hand, slightly flatten each ball.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping once after 15 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe