If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you haven't tried this innovative dinner delivery service yet, you're in for a real treat. When you join Blue Apron, you'll get a refrigerated box delivered each week that contains all the ingredients you'll need to make 2 or 4 meals for your family of four, for $8.75 per person, per meal. The ingredients are fresh and seasonal, perfectly pre-measured, and often include specialty items that you wouldn't think to seek out on your own. Easy-to-follow recipes with full-color pictures are also included, giving you an opportunity to explore new dishes and learn new techniques as part of the experience. It costs a bit more than it would to buy those ingredients ourselves, but it saves me lots of time that I would have spent deciding what to make and shopping for it. In addition, the pre-measured ingredients - such as one stalk of celery or three scallions - have virtually eliminated all the leftover produce that used to shrivel up in my crisper.
- 1 pound sausage (linguica, chorizo, italian - whichever you prefer)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4-5 medium-sized potatoes, chopped (or 2 cans cannellini beans)
- 1 pound kale, washed, de-stemmed, and torn or roughly chopped
- 4 quarts water or chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy soup pot (I use a Dutch oven), sautée the onions and sausage together with olive oil until the onions are translucent and the sausage is almost cooked through. Add the potatoes and water or chicken broth. Bring to a boil. When the potatoes are almost done, season the broth with salt and pepper to taste, then add the kale. Cover and simmer for another 5-10 minutes, until the kale is softened to your liking. Ladle into bowls and drizzle with olive oil.
More Great Recipes: