Author Notes: Crispy graham crackers. Melty milk chocolate. A perfectly roasted, warm, gooey marshmallow. What could be better than a good, old-fashioned, campfire s’more? How about raw cookie dough, s’more-ified, and then dipped into chocolate?
This recipe gets a double dose of toasty flavor — the miniature marshmallows are roasted before being wrapped in cookie dough and the all-purpose flour is gently browned in a frying pan for extra flavor. You many not get the gooiness of a melted marshmallow with this recipe but you’ll get the flavor of a classic s’more, without the campfire. If you don’t have a kitchen blowtorch try toasting the marshmallows on a sheet pan in your broiler —just keep an eye on them, stirring them every few minutes, so that they don’t burn.
For more recipes like this one, visit http://gastronomeblog.com. —gastronoMe
stick unsalted butter, room temperature
cups light brown sugar, lightly packed
teaspoons vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
cups all-purpose flour
cups graham cracker crumbs, plus more for sprinkling
cup chocolate chips
- Beat the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and salt and mix until combined.
- Put the flour into a large frying pan over medium heat. Toast the flour, stirring constantly, until it has a light golden color and a nutty fragrance.
- Add the flour and graham cracker crumbs to the butter and mix until combined. Divide the cookie dough into 24 equal portions.
- Place the marshmallows on a baking sheet and gently toast them with a kitchen blowtorch. Turn the marshmallows over and toast the other side.
- When the marshmallows have cooled, use your hands to wrap one piece of cookie dough around each miniature marshmallow. When all of the cookie dough bites have been rolled, place them on a waxed paper-lined sheet pan in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour or more.
- When the cookie dough bites are thoroughly chilled, melt the chocolate chips. Dip the chilled cookie dough into the chocolate, shaking off any excess. Place the chocolate-dipped bites onto the waxed paper-lined sheet pan, sprinkling the tops with graham cracker crumbs as you go. Allow the chocolate to harden in the refrigerator before serving.