Author Notes: These truffles are decadent and fudgy - one or two are all you need to satisfy your most intense chocolate cravings. —TheFritschKitchen
can coconut milk (full fat)
cup coconut oil
cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
cup unsweetened coconut flakes
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Spread coconut flakes evenly on rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven, about 5 minutes. Flakes should be beautifully brown and smell delicious. Don't walk away from your oven though, as flakes can go from toasted to burned quickly! Remove from oven and let cool.
- If coconut flakes are large, blitz in food processor.
- In medium saucepan over medium high heat, bring coconut milk, sugar and coconut oil to a simmer, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and add in chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is beautifully smooth. Pour into prepared pan and refrigerate for 4-8 hours (the longer the better).
- To make truffles: line baking sheet or plate with parchment paper to set the finished truffles on. Spread toasted coconut evenly in a shallow container. If chocolate mixture becomes too warm during truffle forming, return to fridge to allow it to chill again.
- Portion about a tablespoon or so (however large you want your truffles) of the chocolate mixture in your hand. Roll into a ball. Roll the ball in the toasted coconut and place on prepared tray. Once all truffles are formed, return to fridge and let chill. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe