If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The brainchild of that day-after-the-night-of-the-amazing-party. Sardines, stale bread, harissa and pasta??! – Oh sweet god of salt, spice of everything nice.
When hangover was taking it's revenge, when comforting food was desperately needed and leaving the house, or even filling out Dominos online order form was just to difficult. That’s when it came along – the dish that comes together in less time than it takes pasta to cook, that’s made from pantry stables only, that’s a total hangover cure.
And don’t worry I’ve since tested in with normal, non-hung-over taste buds and it just as good then. —Lise
Serves 1 ravenous person
- 100 grams spaghetti or other pasta
- 1 can sardines in oil
- olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (would have used lemon juice, but the lemons had been swept up in a 2 am whiskey sour bonanza.)
Optional but nice
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- some fresh herbs, chopped
- Boil pasta in salted water.
- Put a large pan (cast iron is nice) on medium high heat. Add a bit of olive oil and the can of sardines, including all the oil in the can. Add breadcrumbs and mix. Try not to break up the sardines too much. The fish will disintegrate somewhat during cooking, but it’s nice if there are still some recognisable pieces of fish when it's all done.
- When the sardines and breadcrumbs are starting to brown a bit, turn the heat down to medium low and add garlic and harissa to the pan. Let it fry for a few min., till its fragrant, then mix into the breadcrumbs and sardines. Turn the heat very low and let it fry until the pasta is cooked (It’s done when he bread and sardines are golden and crunchy.)
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it thoroughly, and add it too the pan (along with tomatoes and herbs if using). Add white wine vinegar, toss and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.