If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Butter chicken is believed to be developed by a cook in Moti Mahal restaurant in New Delhi. Since then, it is being savored by people not only in India but also abroad. Its mouth-watering, rich, creamy, mildly spicy taste is so enticing that it is been served by all the big restaurants in the India. We also want you to indulge yourself in the flavorful, aromatic recipe of Butter Chicken. —Mahima Seth
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1.5 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1.5 tablespoons ginger paste
- 1.5 teaspoons Dried Fenugreek leaves
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 0.5 teaspoons Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- dashes salt
For Makhani gravy
- 2 pieces clove
- 2 pieces cardamom
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 0.5 cups Tomato Puree
- 2 pieces cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek/methi seeds
- 2 tablespoons cashew paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander/cilantro
- 0.5 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons fresh heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 0.5 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 pieces Black Peppercorns
- 0.25 tablespoons sugar
- Wash chicken under running water and pat dry. Marinate with lemon juice, chili powder, yogurt, kasuri methi, oil, turmeric, ginger garlic paste, and garam masala powder. Refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours, overnight works wonder. It will make the chicken soft will melt in your mouth.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Grill the chicken in an oven or stove top. Add one tsp. butter and add the marinade. Fry on high flame till all the moisture evaporates. Cook till it is golden brown.
- Now, heat the pan and add butter and immediately add the garlic paste. Now, add slit green chilly. Also add cumin powder, red chilli powder, salt and other spices.
- Add the tomato puree and cook till the gravy leaves the side and starts bubbling.
- Pour 1 cup water and add methi powder, almond paste or almond milk.
- Add chicken and simmer for about 5 to 7 minutes till it becomes soft and tender.
- Butter Chicken is ready to be served hot. Garnish it with coriander leaves and add butter, cream for more taste.
- Courtesy: http://www.activitydeck.com/9-best-chicken-recipes-chicken-biryani-butter-chicken-recipe-more/#ButterChicken