If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My son coined the named as a child, horrified at the murky color. Once he tried it he was hooked! —nykavi
pieces skinless Chicken legs and thighs
teaspoons Coconut milk
teaspoons Garam masala
teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Wash chicken. Pat dry.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven.
- Gently toss in cinnamon stick, cloves, bay leaf, peppercorns and curry leaves. Let spices sizzle for 15 seconds.
- Add chopped onions and ginger coins. Saute for 5-7 minutes till onions are soft and translucent.
- Add chicken to onions and continue stirring till chicken changes color.
- Cover chicken with coconut milk and water. Bring gravy to a slow simmer.
- Sprinkle garam masala and salt over chicken. Stir well and let the curry cook uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Stir from time to time.
- Once chicken is cooked, cut lime and squeeze both halves over chicken.
- Chop a little fresh cilantro and add to curry. Serve curry with rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal