My son coined the named as a child, horrified at the murky color. Once he tried it he was hooked!
My son coined the named as a child, horrified at the murky color. Once he tried it he was hooked!—nykavi
pieces skinless Chicken legs and thighs
teaspoons Coconut milk
teaspoons Garam masala
teaspoon Kosher Salt
In This Recipe
- Wash chicken. Pat dry.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven.
- Gently toss in cinnamon stick, cloves, bay leaf, peppercorns and curry leaves. Let spices sizzle for 15 seconds.
- Add chopped onions and ginger coins. Saute for 5-7 minutes till onions are soft and translucent.
- Add chicken to onions and continue stirring till chicken changes color.
- Cover chicken with coconut milk and water. Bring gravy to a slow simmer.
- Sprinkle garam masala and salt over chicken. Stir well and let the curry cook uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Stir from time to time.
- Once chicken is cooked, cut lime and squeeze both halves over chicken.
- Chop a little fresh cilantro and add to curry. Serve curry with rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal