If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Curried apple walnut chutney is a delicious taste of fall and super easy to make! Serve it with roast pork or chicken. —garlic and zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced, root to tip
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried minced ginger
- 3 apples, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons water
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place walnuts on a baking sheet and cook until toasted and fragrant, about 7-10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sprinkle with salt. Cook the onions for 3-4 minutes until they start to soften. Sprinkle in the curry and stir to combine. Cook the curry for about a minute until it becomes fragrant then add the apples, ginger, brown sugar, dried cranberries and water.
- Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes until apples soften slightly and cranberries plump. Stir in the cornstarch and cook over medium high heat for about a minute until the syrup thickens. Remove from heat. Adjust seasonings to taste -- adding more salt or brown sugar if needed.
- Stir in the toasted walnuts. Serve.