If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I tasted this first at a catered wedding in Boston over 30 years ago. I asked for and received the recipe from the caterers who said it was from California Cookbook. —Picholine
Makes: approximately 2c
Prep time: 15 min
cup Walnuts finely chopped
pound Chicken Livers
tablespoons Minced Onion
teaspoon Curry Powder
teaspoon Sweet Paprika
cup Chicken Broth
ounces Cream Cheese
- Lightly toast walnuts and set aside.
- Sauté chicken livers and onions in butter over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, paprika, salt,pepper and chicken broth. Cool slightly.
- Place this mixture in a food processor and process till smooth.
- Beat the softened cream cheese in a large bowl .
- Combine cream cheese with chicken liver mixture.
- Stir in walnuts and chill 5-6 hours to blend flavors.
- Serve in a chilled crock with your choice of crackers, breads or toasts