If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What I particularly like about this cake/recipe is the fact that I had to rely on my common sense and baking skills as I heard only a story about it. Still, it was a total success as the cake is simple but delisious! —Jasmina Gajic
- 2 pieces bananas
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 loaf of stale bread
- 200 milliliters coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 180C. Line baking tin with baking paper.
- Arrange sliced bananas onto the bottom of the baking tin and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Mix coconut cream with coconut water in a small pot. Add honey and place on the stove on a low heat. Stir until honey is dissolved then remove from the stove. Pour into larger dish, one which will be easiest to use to soak bread slices.
- Once bread is well soaked place/arrange on top of the bananas. I made five layers using three pieces of bread for each layer adding raisins in between.
- Melt coconut oil on a very low heat and add a bit of the coconut cream mix leftovers and pour over the cake making sure all the liquid is soaked before placing into the oven.
- I prefer this one when it is cooled, the next day is even better. Dust with powdered sugar and cinnamon before serving. It’s very rich in flavour and I like it as it is but whipped cream can be added for serving if desired.