If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you want a fun and easy recipe that can be adapted to your number of guests, look no further! My friend gave me her quick and easy bake-less cake and it's divine! Simple, fresh and sweet, but not too sweet. I promise your guests will think you put in more effort than you will! —Eleni Yanneli
Cake and Cream
pound fresh raspberries
cups whipping cream
cup granulated sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
cup confectioners sugar
- Syrup: Heat water and sugar in a saucepan. Once the sugar dissolves, add alcohol and remove from heat.
- Cream: Put mascarpone, granulated sugar, and vanilla in a bowl and mix. Put whipping cream in a different bowl and mix until it becomes stiff. Add mascarpone mixture to whipping cream and beat.
- Cake: Dip lady fingers (one by one) in syrup. Be careful that they don’t get too wet, otherwise the cake will be soggy and runny.
- Assemble: Place lady fingers dipped in syrup on serving platter until you have the desired length and width of cake. Spread the cream on top of the lady finger layer. Add a layer of flattened raspberries. Repeat for another layer! (You can have as many layers as you want, I normally do three layers). Once you have the desired amount of layers, smooth the cream as if it were a frosting and use raspberries (and almonds if you desire) to garnish!
- Before eating: refrigerate the cake overnight for the lady fingers to fully moisten and become cake-like. If you have left over cream, dip any red fruits you have or eat straight from the bowl!