If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tangy and refreshing recipe based on Jeni`s Grapefruit Hibiscus frozen yogurt. With an additional meringue crunch. —goodgalsasha
- 200 milliliters whole milk
- 200 milliliters heavy cream
- 115 grams sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 300 grams Greek yogurt
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons loosely packed dried hibiscus flowers
- 3 meringue nests
- For the grapefruit syrup heat together the fresh grapefruit juice, 30gr sugar and the hibiscus flowers until slightly thick, syrupy and tinged dark red. Let cool.
- For the yogurt base dissolve the cornstarch in 50ml milk, let sit for a while.
- In a small saucepan combine the leftover whole milk, heavy cream, 85gr sugar, pinch of salt, the agave syrup and zest of 1 grapefruit, stir together, place on medium heat, bring to a boil, take off heat, cover and let steep for 10min. Sieve the mixture, return into the saucepan, bring to an almost boil, add the cornstarch milk and cook on medium constantly stirring until thickened. Take off heat, add 300gr Greek yogurt and the grapefruit syrup, mix until combined. Cool to room temperature then transfer into the fridge overnight.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions adding crushed meringues at the last couple of minutes of churning. Pair with pink and white grapefruit sorbets.