If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A Paleo take on the Jaimie Oliver classic recipe makes for the most flavorful and tender chicken. The pan juices create this rich smooth milky broth that begs for drizzling over smashed sweet potato hash. —Chef Jeannine
Whole Organic Chicken (about 5 pounds)
tablespoons Butter, unsalted
Salt & Pepper
handful Fresh Sage (stems removed)
Lemons, zested & squeezed
Garlic Cloves, peeled & crushed
Coconut Milk, Canned (13.5oz.)
cups Sweet Potatoes, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Butterfly your roasting chicken and salt and pepper it inside and out.
- Push 1 T of Butter and a Sage leaf under each breast skin.
- Put the third TB butter, the cinnamon, rest of sage, lemon zest and juice, and garlic into your roasting pan. Settle the sweet potatoes around the chicken. Pour in the coconut milk.
- Put into hot oven, uncovered, and baste with the pan juices every so often throughout.
- Roast for approximately 1 hour 30 minutes - skin will be nice and brown, leg is falling off, and internal temperature has reached 165F on thermometer.
- Let chicken rest for about 15 minutes. Pull meat from bone (it should be so tender its just falling off) served with sweet potatoes and drizzle with the pan sauce. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal