If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my husband's favorite meals. It can be made with green beans instead of peas too. —Maureen Aydin
Green bell pepper diced
Red onion diced
pound Ground beef
Small can of tomato paste
Bag frozen sweet peas or fresh peas if in season
Chicken stock or beef stock
- Dice and sauté the onion, carrots, bell pepper for 5-7 minutes in Dutch oven.
- Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Add tomato paste and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add enough chicken stock or beef stock to cover and add the bag of peas.
- Bring pot to boil and cook for 20-25 minutes until the sauce thickens and the peas are no longer bright green.
- Serve with rice and top with tzakiki sauce or green onions and shallots.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal