If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Potatoes stir fried and roasted in Indian spices —maayeka
- 4 potatoes,boiled
- 2 green chilie
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds,pounded
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1.5 teaspoons Mango powder or Lemon juice
- Peel and dice the boiled potatoes in medium size cubes. Slit green chilies lengthwise.
- Slightly crush the whole coriander seeds heat oil in a wide and heavy pan
- When cumin become golden then add the chopped potatoes and stir.
- Now add salt and roast for a minute.
- Serve with rice ,poori or any bread of your choice
- Note- You can add turmeric powder if you wish. If making for fasting then use pepper powder instead of red chili powder. Can also serve these potatoes as a starter. You can use lemon juice instead of mango powder /amchoor