If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The recipe is from my grandmother. I made it every week and we have it for breakfast. Just perfect to dunk your bread into coffee. It is similar to biscotti, but denser. We own a casual Resturant and not only did the customers love it but we couldn't keep it in stock because the waitstaff couldn't stop eating it. A true keeper. —Gail Flynn
Makes about one dozen
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 t. Almond extract
- 1 t. Baking power
- 1 stick Unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Chopped walnuts
- Add sugar,butter and almond.
- Adding heaping teaspoon of baking powder, flour and nuts. The doughy should be stiff.
- Prepare baking sheet with a Silpate or lightly buttered. Wet hands in order to shape drought into two long loaves side by side. Bake at 375 for 30 miinutes.
- Slice loaves at an angle. Return to oven for 10 minutes or until toasted.
- Store in cookie tin.
More Great Recipes: Bread, Rolls & Muffins