If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from Jeni`s Black Coffe ice cream and scaled down a bit. The taste is most reminiscent of a good cappuccino. Divine paired with dark and milk chocolate ice creams. Or atop of a chocolate fondant, rich brownie or souffle. Or whipped into a coffee milkshake. Or in a cafe glace.
- 200 milliliters whole milk
- 200 milliliters heavy cream
- 90 grams sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 50 grams cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground dark roast coffee
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 50ml whole milk, let sit for a while.
- In a small saucepan combine the leftover milk, the heavy cream, sugar, pinch of salt and cook together on medium heat until boiling. Take off heat, add the ground coffee, cover with a lid and let sit and infuse for 5min. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve lined with a piece of a cheesecloth, return the milk back to the saucepan and bring to an almost boil. Add the cornstarch milk and cook on medium stirring constantly until thickened. Take off heat, add the cream cheese, stir until smooth and combined. Cool to room temperature, then transfer to cool in the freezer overnight.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Store in an airtight container in the freezer or spoon right away.