If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from Lindsay Clendaniel of The Scoop Adventures blog. Pair with a coffee ice cream for a fun juxtaposition. —goodgalsasha
- 200 milliliters whole milk
- 200 milliliters heavy cream
- 90 grams sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 50 grams cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons instant chicory powder
- 40 grams chopped 70% dark chocolate
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 50ml milk, leave to rest.
- In a small saucepan combine the leftover whole milk, the heavy cream, sugar, pinch of salt, mix, place on medium heat and cook until almost boiling, add the chicory powder, stir to dissolve. Then add the cornstarch mixture and continue cooking on medium, stirring constantly until nice and thickened. Take off heat, mix in the cream cheese, cool to room temperature, then transfer to the fridge overnight.
- Pour the custard into your ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Al the last minute of churning add chopped chocolate. Store in an airtight container in the freezer or scoop right away.