Author Notes: A decadent chocolate brownie with gooey nutella and buttery chopped hazelnuts makes for the perfect dessert or midnight snack. —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
Makes: 9 brownies
tablespoons Cocoa powder
ounces Dark chocolate, roughly chopped
tablespoons Butter, cut into pieces
cup Granulated sugar
cup Brown sugar
teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
cup Toasted, chopped hazelnuts (Note: to toast hazelnuts, spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 350 until golden brown and fragrant, about 12 minutes).
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9 x 9 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a larger, microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate, Nutella and butter. Heat in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate, Nutella, and butter are completely melted and smooth. Add the sugars, whisking until fully incorporated, then add the eggs and vanilla.
- Fold in the flour mixture until just combined, followed by the hazelnuts.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake until cooked through, about 30 minutes. Let the brownies cool, then cut them into squares and serve.