If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from 12 Tomatoes' Cinnamon-Spiced Apple Bread.
After an overly excited fall apple picking trip, the next task was figuring out what to do with all those apples. The original recipe was made with regular flour, but I adapted it to be gluten free, so it can easily be converted back if desired. —Claire H.
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 cups diced apples
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups GF flour (king arthur's multi-purpose blend)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a loaf pan
- Dice the apples and chop the walnuts, then set aside
- In a large mixing bowl blend the eggs, yogurt, oil, sugars, spices and vanilla until well combined, then set aside
- In a separate bowl, sift and whisk the GF flour, baking soda and baking powder, and salt together
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- Mix in the diced apples and chopped walnuts
- Put the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes
- Remove the loaf from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes
- Run a knife along the inside edge of the pan to loosen the loaf and transfer to a serving platter