If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I think I may have found my new favorite sandwich to make....over...and over again. I made an Avocado and Tuna Salad a while back with lettuce cups and absolutely fell in love with it. This recipe is also really easy to "vegan-ize" if you don't eat Tuna, by substituting the Tuna with 1 cup of roughly mashed Chickpeas and Vegan Mayo. —Supper With Michelle - Michelle Braxton
Serves 4 - 5
- 10 ounces Solid White Albacore Tuna (in water - drained)
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1/2 medium size - Cucumber (diced)
- 2 tablespoons Red Onion (or 1 small shallot - diced)
- 2 tablespoons Kosher Dill Pickle Relish (not sweet)
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 the juice from one small Lime
- Sea Salt to taste
- 4 - 8 Slices of Toasted Bread (your choice)
- 1 - 2 handfuls Lettuce ( I used Organic Baby Field Greens)
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- **Please Note** - Only add the avocado to the portion that you are going to serve immediately. Brown avocado is not real appetizing. *smile* But the rest of the salad will keep well for a day or two at most in a tightly sealed container in the fridge. And I topped the sandwich with the cherry tomatoes at the very end, more of a garnish. For an even lighter version, substitute the bread for lettuce cups. I really enjoy serving it that way as well.
- In a large bowl, lightly stir all ingredients in well together. Plate your toasted bread slices and then layer your sandwich with the lettuce first, then a scoop of tuna salad, and lastly top with your cherry tomatoes.
- Serve and enjoy!